Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2024

What God Will Never Despise

 

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. Psalm 51:14 (NIV)

One of the most astounding things I have learned about God is how He calls and uses such imperfect and sinful people in His service. If you are looking for perfection, recall there was only one perfect person in Adam’s line, and we crucified Him!

Scripture sheds light on the fair and foul heroes of the Bible. David is probably the most glaring sinner in any biblical narrative who was used and blessed in that way. He was a very unempathetic husband (2nd Samuel 6:20-22), and a weak and submissive father (13:21). He was an adulterer, guilty of murder (11:vss 4 & 15), and committed an act of disobedience that brought a plague upon Israel that killed 70,000 people in three days (24:15). Saul lost his kingdom through his disobedience, and the disobedient kings of Israel and Judah were judged for their uncompromising sins, losing their thrones. With what David did, why did God reward him with a throne that would last forever (2nd Samuel 7:16)? It went from Saul’s kingly heart that was stubbornly unrepentant, to a young king with a heart that was contrite and broken.

When I introspect on my own poor choices and past mistakes, I marvel that God in His righteousness showed me mercy not giving me the judgment I know I deserved. I know I was not on the same level of David’s bad choices, but throughout my life I have not always lived up to the high expectations of God’s commandments. I am no David but my sins are still as darkly devastating in the eyes of the Lord as were his. How is it that I am still here? Thankfully, I have learned when He takes away our sin and guilt that is when our tongues will sing of His righteousness. In his plea for forgiveness David realized God would never despise these things (Psalm 51:17).

God is not seeking Viking warriors, nor women of Amazonian strength to do His will. He seeks warriors with broken spirits and contrite hearts and dirty hands He has made clean by His shed blood on the cross. He sustains us by His Living Water that He brings from our inner being (John 7:37-38).

We are not David, we are who we are, warts and all, some who have done as much or more than a David, and some who have done less. In our fight for dominance over God’s will, we experience our greatest victories in battle after we surrender.

When I have been faced with the choices in life’s uncertainties, I have asked myself “What makes me think I can do this job?” My answer is simply, “I cannot, for I am too weak.” Christ smiles at that and says, “That is wonderful to hear. You are the perfect person for this job.”

Maranatha,

Ken

Líbrame de la culpa del derramamiento de sangre, oh Dios, tú que eres Dios mi Salvador, y mi lengua cantará tu justicia. Salmos 51:14 (NVI)

Lo que Dios nunca despreciará

Una de las cosas más asombrosas que he aprendido acerca de Dios es cómo Él llama y usa a personas tan imperfectas y pecaminosas en Su servicio. Si usted está buscando la perfección, recuerde que solo había una persona perfecta en la línea de Adán, ¡y nosotros lo crucificamos!

Las Escrituras arrojan luz sobre los héroes justos y malos de la Biblia. David es probablemente el pecador más evidente en cualquier narración bíblica que fue usado y bendecido de esa manera. Era un esposo muy poco empático (2 Samuel 6:20-22), y un padre débil y sumiso (13:21). Era un adúltero, culpable de asesinato (11:4 y 15), y cometió un acto de desobediencia que trajo una plaga sobre Israel que mató a 70.000 personas en tres días (24:15). Saúl perdió su reino por su desobediencia, y los reyes desobedientes de Israel y Judá fueron juzgados por sus pecados intransigentes, perdiendo sus tronos. Con lo que hizo David, ¿por qué Dios lo recompensó con un trono que duraría para siempre (2 Samuel 7:16)? Pasó del corazón real de Saúl, que no se arrepentía obstinadamente, a un joven rey con un corazón contrito y quebrantado.

Cuando hago una introspección sobre mis propias malas decisiones y errores pasados, me maravillo de que Dios en Su justicia me mostró misericordia al no darme el juicio que sé que merecía. Sé que no estuve al mismo nivel de las malas decisiones de David, pero a lo largo de mi vida no siempre he estado a la altura de las altas expectativas de los mandamientos de Dios. Yo no soy David, pero mis pecados siguen siendo tan oscuramente devastadores a los ojos del Señor como lo fueron los suyos. ¿Cómo es que sigo aquí? Afortunadamente, he aprendido que cuando Él quita nuestro pecado y culpa, es cuando nuestras lenguas cantarán de Su justicia. En su súplica de perdón, David se dio cuenta de que Dios nunca despreciaría estas cosas (Salmo 51:17).

Dios no está buscando guerreros vikingos, ni mujeres de fuerza amazónica para hacer Su voluntad. Él busca guerreros con espíritus quebrantados, corazones contritos y manos sucias que Él ha limpiado por Su sangre derramada en la cruz. Él nos sostiene por Su Agua Viva que Él trae de nuestro ser interior (Juan 7:37-38).

No somos David, somos lo que somos, con verrugas y todo, algunos que han hecho tanto o más que un David, y otros que han hecho menos. En nuestra lucha por el dominio sobre la voluntad de Dios, experimentamos nuestras mayores victorias en la batalla después de rendirnos.

Cuando me he enfrentado a las decisiones en las incertidumbres de la vida, me he preguntado: "¿Qué me hace pensar que puedo hacer este trabajo?" Mi respuesta es simplemente: "No puedo, porque soy demasiado débil". Cristo sonríe ante eso y dice: "Es maravilloso oír eso. Eres la persona perfecta para este trabajo".

Maranatha

Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment