Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2021

Standing on the Sun

Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them. Hosea 14:9

There was a not-so-wise astronaut who announced he and his space team were going to make an historic manned flight to the face of the sun. A reporter sensibly pointed out, “You can’t do that.  You’ll burn up.” The determined space explorer smiled knowingly and said, “Ah, we’ve already solved that problem. We’re going at night.”

I’ve never thought of solving a problem as serious as standing on the sun, but I must confess I have tried to figure many brilliant ways to push my own agenda. In those times I’ve taken my eyes off Christ, the Founder and Perfecter of my Faith (Hebrews 12:2), and every time found myself standing on the sun. This spiritual hotfoot never fails to demonstrate that choosing my own will over the Lord’s always brings on the heat.

Waiting for an answer from the Lord is probably one of the hardest things we’ll ever do. We get apprehensive and begin to fret and worry. Impatience can breed rebellion against God’s plan for our lives. When things move too slowly, or seem to not move at all, we’re tempted to try and control our destiny.

Standing still in confidence demonstrates patience. Patience with confidence brings peace. Wait on the Lord. I need to hear this reality check often myself, realizing He begins working the first second I ask. His course for any of us is far more miraculous and wonderful than any plan we can come up with. I have learned the Wheel of God often turns slowly, but it is always turning toward His perfect completion. When we take time to slow down and wait on God’s moves, we will be wise and discerning. Instead of finding ourselves standing on the Sun, we will find ourselves standing on the Son. 

Ken


No comments: