Total Pageviews

Monday, June 29, 2020

What's in it for Me?

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that Day, and not only me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 2nd Timothy 4:8

I heard a funny story out of the 'What's In It For Me Generation' textbook. An arrogant man walked into a popular church and said to the pastor, “I'm looking to get involved in a church as a pastor. I want to know what your church can do for me.” He asked the wrong guy. This pastor was a retired Marine. He said, “I'll tell you exactly what this church can do for you. It can let the door hit your behind on your way out.”

The Good News of redemption is never about power or gain. The highest goal I can attain to is to preach sound doctrine and Christ and Him crucified (1st Corinthians 2:2). My eye is not upon power or wealth but upon the Crown of Righteousness I will receive from the hand of Christ. To hear Him say “Well done, good and faithful servant,” will be enough.

If you have believed on the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and look for His soon appearing, you too will receive a Crown of Righteousness that will include you in an eternity with Him (John 14:3). Money and personal ambition will perish as all things do. Look to things above, storing up treasures in heaven where things do not become corrupted (Matthew 6:19). Use money wisely, but put your store into a Crown of Righteousness that will never perish. “Well done, good and faithful servant” will be His words to you as He bestows on you your Crown of Righteousness. That's something money can't buy.

Ken

No comments: